Introduction


Presented in reverse chronology, this history stretches from the present back to the Fellowship's 1970 founding, and beyond.
(See "Blog Archive" in the sidebar below.) It draws from many sources, including The Fellowship of Friends - Living Presence Discussion, the Internet Archive, the former Fellowship of Friends wiki project, cult education and awareness sites, news archives, and from the editor's own 13-year experience in the Fellowship.

The portrait that emerges stands in stark contrast to sanitized versions presented on the Fellowship's array of
alluring websites, and on derivative sites created by Burton's now-estranged
disciple, Asaf Braverman.

Friday, August 24, 2012

"Robert is just a big fag"

"blog boy" wrote on the Fellowship of Friends Discussion blog, August 24, 2012:

I was a member of the FOF [Fellowship of Friends] for 13 years and left the “organization” about 5 years ago after discovering this blog. I was on the fence for about 3 months prior to leaving because I tried to justify all the contradictions by telling myself that even Schools had crimes – a common conception amongst many members I knew and credited to the logic of Rodney Collin.

I think everyone who has posted here that was a member for more than a year or two had moments while in the FOF that made them feel/think that they were enjoying and profiting from their experiences. I know I did. That’s what kept me on the fence. I felt I had to weigh the entire experience and see if leaving was the right choice.

The problem with staying in the FOF is there is no way to be an active member without actively or tacitly supporting the system of questionable behavior that occurs on a daily basis.

That Burton has had sex with hundreds of his followers is my business. I know what it’s like to have sex with partners that need to be convinced to partake and I know that it’s not an honest relationship. People’s sexual habits and desires are rarely spoken about in general ….much too taboo, but this aspect of a person cannot be dismissed. It’s a big part of who they are and what motivates them.

Burton being the head of the FOF is in a huge position of power and to have sex with your followers who are heterosexual and are only “consenting” because the “teacher” can be trusted is quite dishonest.

I remember having lunch with Renato C. a couple of years before he died and I was saying something to the effect of what an amazing school Robert had put together and Renato looked at me and said; “Robert is just a big fag”. It was quite startling and I didn’t know what to say and Renato just repeated his statement; Robert is just a big fag.

It seems that Burton was “lucky” towards the beginning of the FOF and attracted some interesting and qualified people to help him build up and shape the organization. Left to his own designs I have a feeling the FOF would have been over long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment