Introduction


Presented in reverse chronology, this history stretches from the present back to the Fellowship's 1970 founding, and beyond.
(See "Blog Archive" in the sidebar below.) It draws from many sources, including The Fellowship of Friends - Living Presence Discussion, the Internet Archive, the former Fellowship of Friends wiki project, cult education and awareness sites, news archives, and from the editor's own 13-year experience in the Fellowship.

The portrait that emerges stands in stark contrast to sanitized versions presented on the Fellowship's array of
alluring websites, and on derivative sites created by Burton's now-estranged
disciple, Asaf Braverman.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Wouldn't You Like To Know" tells his story


The Fellowship of Friends town hall, known by the Greek appellation The Prytaneion. (Photo source.)

"Wouldn't You Like To Know" wrote on the Fellowship of Friends Discussion blog:


So, here is a story on this theme. As you can see from my avatar, I am wearing a graduation gown where I am sporting a tie under the gown. Oh! Aren’t I a good student? Well, this was called into question. And, contributed to my departure from the Fellowship of Friends (FoF), Pathway to Presence, Living Presence, BeingPresent.org, Church of Robert Earl Burton. There were other reasons as well.

It was one of those hot 100′+ type days in Oregon House, CA, and I was going to a performance at the concert hall (Town Hall, Prytaneion). I was walking maybe about a half mile or more to get there. So, I did not wear my tie and jacket (required attire for men at such events), but carried them. Also, I was wearing a shirt that was a dark colour and the tie was of similar dark colour. When I arrived at Prytaneion, I put on the tie before entering and was carrying my jacket. The Prytaneion was at standing room only capacity for the event.

Well, Robert Earl Burton (REB) saw me and he apparently could not see the tie that had the same colour as my shirt. At intermission, someone was assigned, by REB, to ‘photograph’ me for coming to the event without a tie and jacket. By then, evening began to fall, I had cooled down, and I had the tie and jacket on. I pointed out that I was dressed appropriately. What happened after the ‘photographer’ reported back to the master, I do not know, but, the next day, I got a call and was told that I could not attend these events in the future unless I was dressed correctly. ‘Could I dress correctly?’ So, I said, ‘Yes, I was dressed with tie and jacket.’ That just added one more straw to the load on the camel’s back. (And, it was not a camel hair jacket (a one-time favoured sport jacket in FoF)) that I was wearing. So, I decided it was time to graduate.

[Do you remember this FoF aphorism: 'If the shoe does not fit, wear it anyway.'

Well, in this case: 'If the foo does sh!t, no need to wear it.']

[ed. - The label "fascism" below should really be "fashionism".]

No comments:

Post a Comment