Introduction


Presented in reverse chronology, this history stretches from the present back to the Fellowship's 1970 founding, and beyond.
(See "Blog Archive" in the sidebar below.) It draws from many sources, including The Fellowship of Friends - Living Presence Discussion, the Internet Archive, the former Fellowship of Friends wiki project, cult education and awareness sites, news archives, and from the editor's own 13-year experience in the Fellowship.

The portrait that emerges stands in stark contrast to sanitized versions presented on the Fellowship's array of
alluring websites, and on derivative sites created by Burton's now-estranged
disciple, Asaf Braverman.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Pavel (aka "the Esoteric Sheik of Inner Confusion") hands off blog moderation

[ed. - After founding the Animam Recro blog in April 2006, and continuing to moderate the thousands of comments that followed a single post on that blog, and in the Fellowship of Friends Discussion in its subsequent forms, Pavel announced, in bolds, his decision to hand off blog duties.]

"Pavel" wrote on the Fellowship of Friends Discussion blog, August 8, 2008:

I have come back from my holiday yesterday with a clear answer to whether I will stay here as a moderator or not. I don’t feel that the blog is my calling at the moment, it appears that we have both given each other what we were ready to take and it’s time for me to move on and for the blog to evolve further without me (I absolutely love what has happened with it in the past 2/3 months). It would be unnecessarily arrogant for me to believe that the blog requires me for its running or maintenance, yet it does require a moderator.

I will be passing the moderation duty and responsibility to Steve, I do not know yet when the actual giving over will take place (I will be moderating for a while longer) but it will be in the near future. I am extremely confident that Steve will do a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment