Introduction


Presented in reverse chronology, this history stretches from the present back to the Fellowship's 1970 founding, and beyond.
(See "Blog Archive" in the sidebar below.) It draws from many sources, including The Fellowship of Friends - Living Presence Discussion, the Internet Archive, the former Fellowship of Friends wiki project, cult education and awareness sites, news archives, and from the editor's own 13-year experience in the Fellowship.

The portrait that emerges stands in stark contrast to sanitized versions presented on the Fellowship's array of
alluring websites, and on derivative sites created by Burton's now-estranged
disciple, Asaf Braverman.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Allan's Story

"Allan S." wrote on the Fellowship of Friends Discussion blog, October 3, 2007:
I have been following the posts on this blog for the last week or so after accidentally coming across it through Wiki. Since leaving the FOF, sometime in 1999 I have always tried to keep an eye on the goings on within the FOF. I was somewhat surprised, although perhaps I shouldn’t have been, in yet another name change and more surprisingly in a move away from its original 4th way “nature”. I’m not too clear in exactly what way it has changed and would be grateful if someone can point me to either a previous post or source that summarises, simply curious…

Whilst pondering whether or not to post myself I couldn’t workout what I could contribute or even how, as I really haven’t used this format before (except for one post 495 which seemed to take days in moderation).

So, here goes with a start…

I joined the FOF in 1989 in London. Four years or so after joining I moved to Renaissance, staying with Charles T at first and working in the Winery Office. Six months after arriving, like many others, my marriage deteriorated further and I was soon part of the RB travelling show. I was part of this for around 2 years and could relate stories of sexual impropriety et al, but you have read most of it already and other than how I personally related to it, the stories seem pretty much the same.

After leaving Apollo and eventually returning home, I directed a centre in Scotland for about a year. Moving away, whilst still meeting up with RB in various cities including London, Paris and my favourite city of all Rome, I had space to think from a better part of myself. At that time it became very clear to me that RB and his (very partial) system were not the real deal.

I feel there were many examples of actions taken by RB that clearly exposed this, although at the time any oddity was easily quashed and supported by appropriate associative thoughts. I mean surely lack of sexual control, apparent inability to function and manifest independent of at least some external stimuli, was justifiable…for God sake he’s conscious…isn’t he, surely this doesn’t apply to him, surely 2000 intelligent people cannot be wrong, surely there are reasons I just cannot understand for his actions? We are told that conscience is buried and I feel the actions of RB confirms that his is truly buried…actions speak louder and all that.

I left as quietly as I had arrived. This was my journey and past experience had shown me that any amount of rejection of his way, on my part, would be met with a sympathetic acknowledgement that I had simply lost my way…at least that’s how I have justified not expressing my doubt.

WhaleRider, I feel for you.

"Allan S." wrote on the Fellowship of Friends Discussion blog, October 16, 2007:
Picture this…

Bobbie [Robert Earl Bruton] has a number of students clearing some land for some new decking at a newly purchased lodge not far from Reno. Physical labouring is not really my thing, would much rather be reading a book or working in the office at the winery. But hey, the teachers invited me there and it changes my relationship to this rather tedious task.

I’m aware that someone has their attention on me, I look round and its Bobbie. He smiles and moves his attention towards some students involved in the bigger decking plan. The thought arises that getting such attention from my teacher must mean something, right? After all I had just started travelling with him.

A few hours later Bobbie announces that he is going to head back to Renaissance and that I should drive him in the Lexus. I think to myself, who me? This really must mean something, mustn’t it?

We start driving the winding roads along some of the most beautiful countryside in the area listening to Dvorjack [sic]. We talk about various things; including 1998 when unbeknown to me Bobbie is about to give me the gift of consciousness, a genuine gift that only a teacher could impart to his cherished students, quite selfless really. He places his hands on my crotch and starts massaging. He continues this for what seemed to me to be quite a prolonged period of time. Silence…he removes his hand and continues talking, as if nothing happened. I guess I just wasn’t up to the task!

Where was he, this conscious man? Indeed where had he been up until this moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment