Introduction


Presented in reverse chronology, this history stretches from the present back to the Fellowship's 1970 founding, and beyond.
(See "Blog Archive" in the sidebar below.) It draws from many sources, including The Fellowship of Friends - Living Presence Discussion, the Internet Archive, the former Fellowship of Friends wiki project, cult education and awareness sites, news archives, and from the editor's own 13-year experience in the Fellowship.

The portrait that emerges stands in stark contrast to sanitized versions presented on the Fellowship's array of
alluring websites, and on derivative sites created by Burton's now-estranged
disciple, Asaf Braverman.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Quotations from Robert Earl Burton - 2004

From "Thoughts from the Teacher" (on the Fellowship of Friends Wiki)
I find it curious that joggers are uninterested in developing their souls. (January 25, 2004)

I try to avoid Gurdjieff, Ouspensky, and Collin’s interpretations of the Bible. They did not understand it and I do not want to be influenced by them. I am more simple than they are, and I must protect that simplicity. (February 8, 2004)

More than ever, I know that I am going to reach the conscious child within my students, from the conscious child within myself. (February 8, 2004)

Life has a very distorted imaginary picture of conscious beings. In Alex Horn’s group, I was the only student who agreed to take out the refuse and sweep the floors. People do not think of Buddha as doing those kind of things, when, in fact, it is exactly what made him conscious. (June 6, 2004)

We have a new religion: self-remembering and working with the forty-four Gods. It is the highest religion ever given to man. (June 13, 2004)

As your teacher, I can see Influence C’s plans. I can see the part in you that counts. (June 13, 2004)

I do not have to ask my students to love me more. I never knew such love in my life. (June 13, 2004)

On my level, during the teaching events I see students being twice born right before my eyes. It is the most beautiful sight for the Gods. (June 20, 2004)

I do not think that the Sufis had a school. Schools undergo very brutal shocks, and the Sufis have a certain cuteness in their works that suggests they were not in this position. (October 3, 2004)

The Fellowship of Friends is the birth of conscious democracy for man. (October 10, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment